Friday, August 20, 2010

Anyone have experience or knowledge of a anti-spyware program called XOFTSPYSE.?

It seems to be returning false information. Saying there is a problem where other checkers return a clean bill of health. Example.



XOFTSPYSE said I had 鈥淏anker BBQ Trojan鈥?located in the Reg at Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurentVersion... = No Close.



Avast, Ad-aware, Spy-Bot, Spyware Doctor all showed clean.



Xoft will not answer my repeated request for informaiton.



Anyone have experience or knowledge of a anti-spyware program called XOFTSPYSE.?product key



Yes, I demanded my money back from them and it took almost two months before I was refunded my money.



I believe the only reason they refunded my money was becasue I told them I was going to run a full page ad about all of their false claims in a major newspaper.



You not only get false/positives, like CWS, Trojans, unknown spyware in registry keys that are not there when searched with regedit. XoftspySe, fails to even find a tracking cookie.



I use three other antispyware programs and I ran http://www.superantispyware.com and with a complete scan found 19 tracking cookies. Ran AdAware Personal Se. http://www.lavasoft.com found 19 tracking cookies. Ran A2Squared Malware, http://www.emsisoft.com Found 19 tracking cookies.



I did not delete them because I wanted to test XOFTSPYSE. When I performed my scan only nine tracking cookies were found. I clicked on removed. Not one of them were removed as stated in the software.



Ran the other two and the nine XOFTSPYSE, found were still there and all the other that were missed.



End results I cleaned them with, Superantispyware.com



If you use your search engine and key in, ''rate antispyware'', you will see they are rated way down on the list.



Support sucks, as it took two months for them to answer the many emails I sent to them. And another two months to tell me they would refund my money.



Minddoctor, France

No comments:

Post a Comment