Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What programs do I need to keep my computer safe?

I have Avast, CCleaner, Spyware Doctoe and Avira, but what other programs work well? I want to get my computer as close to spotless as possible, for as little money as possible. I just found a trojan this morning, so im a little wigged out with all my programs :\



What programs do I need to keep my computer safe?cafe racer



According to TopTenReviews, the most effective anti virus is BitDefender. You could go to the BitDefender website and download the Free Edition version 10 and test for yourself.



http://www.bitdefender.com/



Here are the top 3 rankings from TopTenReviews:



1st: BitDefender



2nd: Kaspersky



3rd: ESET Nod32



Among these three I had personally only used and tried NOD32, and to me NOD32 is one of the best security softwares in the world.



* Never have to do frequent scans as NOD32 scans every file before you open it, so viruses and Trojans simply cannot creep into your computer.



* Superb scanning speed, one of the fastest I've see thus far.



Downloads.com also has an interesting article ''Security Starter Kit %26gt; Build Your Security Castle'' on building a secure computer. Do have a look.



http://www.download.com/Security-Starter...



I hope this helps you. =)



What programs do I need to keep my computer safe?free anti virus

No comments:

Post a Comment