Friday, August 20, 2010

What free software do you use to protect your computer from viruses and adware and such?

I know about avast and comodo. Are just the 2 sufficient or would u suggest more or maybe a totally different combination?



Also, do you think IE is really more risky than FF??



What free software do you use to protect your computer from viruses and adware and such?hijack this



I use Avast for antivirus and Ad-Aware and Spybot S%26D for spyware for my Windows PCs. Yes, I do believe IE is riskier than FF and use FF any chance I get. However, no software application is without security risks.



What free software do you use to protect your computer from viruses and adware and such?liveupdate



I use AVG. Also, I do feel IE is more risky than FF. I use FF any instance I can.
Clamwin and BitDefender are best free antivirus software.



Use only 1 and update everyday if u can. 1st remove 1, then install 2. new AV software...



IE issurelly the most risky to use. Opera is the most secure browser. Linux is the most secure OS /Slackware is the most stable, Ubuntu - easiest to use/.
Downloads for safe, free antivrus (AGV) and antispyware



(Ad-ware)



http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-F...



http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/ad_a...
AVG
AVG Antivirus



AVG Antispyware



Comodo BOClean AntiMalware



Win Patrol



Spyware Blaster



Jetico Personal Firewall



Just the two could be sufficient depending on your browser settings and how you use the internet, what you download, sites you visit, etc. Scripting and Active-X are big security risks. A hardware firewall greatly improves your security.



IE 7 is quite safe if used correctly. Personally I use Firefox with the No Script extension and Ad Blocker Plus.
AVG

No comments:

Post a Comment