Friday, August 20, 2010

How can I disable AT&T Yahoo's Norton Anti-Virus Scanning?

I have DSL with AT%26T Yahoo. On my computer I use Zone Alarm and Avast for all anti-virus and monitoring. Whenever I download something or save something from my e-mail ( a pic, video, whatever) Yahoo's Norton Anti-Virus needs to scan the item first. This is takes several seconds (about 30 seconds) per item. As you can imagine this is slow and frustrating and I've had enough of it since I'm paying out the *## for DSL. Since I already have anti-virus protection on my computer I of course do not need Yahoo's Norton scan. Can this be disabled and HOW? I've searched and looked at all forums and question and help files and I don't see the answer. And if I did I obviously didn't understand it, so talk to me like I'm 4. That's fine. I just want to enjoy my internet experience and right now I'm not. Thank you for any help!!!



How can I disable AT%26T Yahoo's Norton Anti-Virus Scanning?vincent



Go to start %26gt; programs %26gt; and see if you have a Yahoo Protection (Or Yahoo Software) folder, you should be able to uninstall it from there. I have DSL with the same company and that's what I did because I was using their anti-virus and I ..dun dun dun got a virus!

No comments:

Post a Comment