Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My virus scanner keeps telling me that theres a ';suspicious message!';?

it says ''there are too many identical emails in apointed time''



and it deleted all of my outlook emails (i had 400, down to about 67--but they're all from the same month)



what could be going on?



scanner is avast!



My virus scanner keeps telling me that theres a ''suspicious message!''?antispyware



Try avg free version...works great for me...



My virus scanner keeps telling me that theres a ''suspicious message!''?best antivirus software



It could be detecting large amounts of emails that are flagged as spam; i.e. emails that come from the same sender and contain the same content. If they happen to be advertisement or newsletter type emails, they can also easily be mis-identified as spam.



If it has been deleting your genuine, non-spam emails, you can try lowering the security setting by right clicking your Avast! tray icon, select On Access Protection Control and in Outlook/Exchange section, click Customize, click Heuristics (tab) and drag the slider to Medium or Low setting.
Delete all the emails it points out. I use Norton and haven't had a problem. Free scanners didn't help me too much during an infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment