Friday, August 20, 2010

Why won't my browser connect?

Every time I try to open my internet browser, it won't connect to any site. It says Firefox is unable to connect to whatever site. Its weird because when I restart my computer it works for like 5 minutes then it will give the error page suddenly. Its not just firefox either, IE and Opera also don't work. I know its not the internet connection itself because yahoo messenger and various other applications work with the internet. Also I ran a full boot avast anti-virus, it found multiple trojans and stuff, I deleted them and the problem still persists.



Why won't my browser connect?norton internet security



Try scanning your pc for viruses in safe mode (reboot %26 press f8 repeatedly till it gives you the boot option screen). Also make sure to look up the viruses you found to make sure that you remove all traces of them. Some viruses/trojans leave traces of themselves behind %26 your virus protection doesn't remove all of the infection. Virus protection sites usually give a detailed profile of the virus %26 and it's characteristics and how to completely remove all traces.



You also might want to check your firewall, it might be blocking the http port because the nasties are trying to phone home.



Why won't my browser connect?spyware remove



Try to ping the website from the dos prompt



Ex : ping yahoo.com



If you get the reply problem with your browser otherwise reinstall your windows..........
Try going into ''Internet options'' in the control panel and clearing your history,temporary files(check box for offline) and cookies.Click ''OK'' to close the window.Try again.
Try reinstall your browser or download the virus removal tools from other PC/Laptop to clean again. Some virus or worm will actually alter your windows registry files or other library files. By deleting the virus or quarantine it will not help sometime.



  • buid my first home
  • make pores smaller
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment