Sunday, August 15, 2010

I think my computer is DESTROYED!?

I have Windows XP Dell Inspiron 6000 computer, %26 my Norton Antivirus from last yr. expired. I tried Avast since that's what everyone recommended. I didn't know I was supposed to QUARANTINE the infected files %26 NOT delete them. I deleted them, %26 now the DVD+RW drive is corrupted. Also Secondary IDE, as well. I get ERROR Code 19. %26 my JavaScript is showing red X's all over the place with no pictures %26 only text. The computer is also slow. I can't fix the registry because it's supposedly EMPTY. I was told to delete the Upper %26 Lower filters, %26 also, the HELP section of my computer advised me to erase my restore %26 start all over again. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Everything is messed up. I hope I don't have to UNinstall %26 then REinstall the WHOLE Operating System. Ever since today, my computer is unprotected-no antivirus. I tried installing Windows Defender yesterday, but it said it couldn't download the definitions because of an error. Also, my internet proxy settings are screwed.



I think my computer is DESTROYED!?nortan



i would suggest backing up as much stuff as you can and restoring the factory settings, this should wipe your currupt data, also with your hard drive if that is ur ide device you should wipe it clean ur replace it.



i had a similar problem, i deleted things ment to be quarenteened and i got messeges after that everytime i turned on my pc saying hard disk failure imminent,

No comments:

Post a Comment