Friday, August 20, 2010

What is WRONG with my computer & desktop?? Is it a virus??!?

Okay, so I am assuming I have a virus. For some reason, I cannot put anything on my desktop besides a plain color. I cannot right click and put a picture on the desktop, nor can I go to display and change the settings. It won't even let me click on the desktop pic's when I go to Display. I downloaded Avast! a while ago and it did not help.. I think it just made it worse. I am running AVG on my computer now, but it's almost done and no threats are coming up. What do you think can be wrong with it? Is it a virus or did I just change a setting on my computer somehow? Someone please help me, it is driving me nuts, and if its a virus I want to try to get rid of it ASAP. Any suggestions????



What is WRONG with my computer %26 desktop?? Is it a virus??!?norton internet security 2008



Sounds like your desktop has been hijacked by a virus. I too had this happen. My suggestion is to have hard drive wiped and then reinstall the windows again. This worked perfect for me.



What is WRONG with my computer %26 desktop?? Is it a virus??!?spyware removal



it is a virus!! obvious.Try MCafee or norton antivirus
Yes your desktop has been hijacked as one the people mentioned before. But virus dont have that capability. Virus only disrupt and replicate. Thats it!.I think its always interesting that people recommend anti-virus software for spyware. The is not the proper way to approach spyware. Anti-virus and spyware are separate technologies. Yes, anti-virus programs can remove some spyware if the signatures have been added to the data base. This is a backward and late process. Spyware is the biggest threat to your PC. So, you need software that is updated daily. Do a scan with a reputable anti-spyware product, like spysweeper. a if it pulls up a spyware with a few names. Thats your problem. Hope this helps :)



http://www.delete-computer-history.com/b...
yup, your desktop has been hijacked...use control panel to access the display properties and turn off active desktop or cutomize your desktop not to display any webpage on your desktop...then perform a scan using spyware removal sw....



hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment