Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I get rid of win32:virut if I now can't log onto my PC?

It's an old work PC that's been kindly donated to me. I tried to initially install AVG but it said access denied. I had a read of a PC world article recommending Alwil's Avast 4 Home Edition so downloaded that. It gave me the virus! Go figure! So now my PC lets me logon but automatically logs me off. Can't afford a new PC so any help would be really appreciated!



Cheers!!



How do I get rid of win32:virut if I now can't log onto my PC?ducati



Avast did not give you a virus the computer initially had one that was not detected by AVG.



The reason might be becuase the virus was unable to change any settings with Avast and had enough to to mess with AVG so it wouldn't detect it.



Go into safemode and login as the first person said and then download do one of the following.



Download



Dr.WebCureIT



ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/drw...



Doubleclick the ''drweb-cureit.exe'' and click ''ok'' in the prompt window that will open , asking ''start the express scan now''.



It will first make a quick scan of your system, let it clean what it find, and when it says ''done''



Click on the green screwdriver-



Uncheck 鈥揌eurestic analysis



Actions Tab- Adware-Dialers-Riskware-Hacktools, use dropdown menu and select 鈥揗ove



Remove checkmark from 鈥?Prompt on action



  • name for a male
  • make pores smaller
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment