Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Will my computer work properly if I delete these files? They are decompression bombs, but...?

The three files reported during the scan to be decompression bombs (Avast) are all related to this program I have, VIA HD Audio Deck. I don't know much about computers, so my question is: can I delete these files? If I do it, will something stop functioning? The program controls sound, doesn't it? Will I still have sound if I delete these?



Here's the path to one of the files:



C:\Program Files\VIA\VIAudioi\HDADeck\Skin.bmp\Skin...



For the other two it doesn't show full path, just



E:\Driveri\...\Skin.bmp



I looked into this folder 'Driveri', there are some other folders and zip files, mainly related to VIA.



Can anyone advise me what do do? They're just .bmp, so nothing will happen if I delete them, right?



Thank you in advance for your help.



Will my computer work properly if I delete these files? They are decompression bombs, but...?abtuvurys 2005



if you planning to delete that file make sure to create a system restore before you do, click start - all programs - accessories - system tools, and create a backup if u are using XP. then if theres something goes wrong after you delete that file you can restore your system to the earlier time, well i thinks it just safely to delete it if you really want to...



Will my computer work properly if I delete these files? They are decompression bombs, but...?antivirus programs



Yes you can delete only in drive E



Dont delete in drive C, because VIA uses that .bmp file.
Spyware doc is ok - but will grind you comp to a halt - use an online scanner - housecall antivirus from trend micros - do a search under google - this will find and problems with spyware/virus and has no over head or download
do not delete these files. thjere has been a recent problem with the current version of avast antivirus which makes it recognise seemingly harmless programs as if they are viruses. dso not follow its advice and uninstall avast immediately,



instead download spyware doctor



http://www.pctools.com

No comments:

Post a Comment