Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Help. No SOUND?

i downloaded avast antivirus lately and i dont have any sound anymore. I dont know why it suddenly stopped working.



when i try to listen to music on itunes it says my configuration is messed up. I wish i could get my sound back and listen to music. I'm really dumb when it comes to computers. can someone please help me. and ive tried downloading a new sound card.



Additional Details



there are like a trillion drivers to pick from....i have a dell....which one do i pick?



Help. No SOUND?internet



you'll have to do a system restore to what your computer was before you downloaded the new program. i had to do this when i got my laptop. somehow i lost sound when i was downloading Office 2007.



see site below for step by step instructions.



Help. No SOUND?network



Hi Mase



First and foremost....No question is a dumb question.... it may be a learning for someone.



Secondly if you know to install avast after downloading it, you cannot consider yourself dumb...if you still do... please do not! And if you still do... then consult someone who is not dumb before you follow the following.



I do not believe in bad mouthing any product but I can quote my personal experience.... I had a very bad time with avast and so have my friends, it creates some autorun.inf files on all your drives(if you wanna check you can just try the search command and try searching for *.inf in file type and choose ''all local drives'' you might see a lots of autorun.inf files so if you plan to uninstall avast through you add and remove programs(not the avast uninstaller... as it leaves traces), I'll say thats the only step you will need to take.... and after a reboot ideally everything should be fine. However you will need to reinstall itunes again if you want to run it properly after the avast uninstall. Nothings wrong with your sound card driver files but you might need to reinstall them again too, after uninstalling avast.



Tell me if it works



Remember... you need a good anti-virus which your system technician might suggest you. If not then ask about it in your next question on yahoo answers.



Cheers %26 all the best
you can't download sound cards . i had the same problem on my old pc on unitil i downloaded a new volume control try this zvolume home 2006 i think this is the one i downloaded



www.soft32.com/download_187532.html

No comments:

Post a Comment